And thus ends my first shift tour of duty. 2 hours early, no less.
I hate leaving work pissed off and frustrated. The day didn't start off too well, either, with C starting a small argument with me over one of our procedures. To his credit, he apologized for that one. Admittedly, I would have not been nearly as pissed off about getting off earlier if it had been communicated earlier in the morning. Instead, it seemed very last minute and it meant that an audit that I had scheduled time to complete today got pushed over to K, one of my coworkers. That was what initially pissed me off since K's the one who told me, and it spiraled from there.
This is in contrast to the wonderful evening with E last night. Lots of talking about random things and listening to music. I was hating the fact that I had a 1:30 AM wake up call this morning since I was enjoying the conversations and didn't want to leave (in fact, I delayed my departure by an hour and a half because of this). However, Kitten came in and snuggled with me for a bit when she got home from work before going to watch TV. So, yeah.
Right now, I'm less pissed off than I was when I got home, but I'm still sore and tense from being angry. I feel burned out as a result and am looking forward to my birthday weekend. 5 days off from work (including the weekend) and time spent with loved ones. I was also aching for the drive to Huntsville like no other today. I'm not going to RCFM this year, but damned if I don't wish I was. I miss the feeling of pure euphoria that driving through the mountains and down south at the beginning of spring gives me.
No comments:
Post a Comment