Monday, January 02, 2012

Layers

The last day of 2011 was an onion day. Many, many layers.

 - I hate seeing others, especially those I care about, being yanked about like I was with Lira. No communication, no updates, no reason. Hate it when people do that.
- I have next to no issues addressing things that are bothering me in person with the person in question. Via text message, on the phone, or otherwise, not so much.
- Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder.
- Anything except murder can be discussed and negotiated out.
- I constantly surprise myself with how laid back I've become in some respects. In others, not so much.
- Having a cat sit on your lap and be at peace is an incredible compliment.
- Foxes are stubborn creatures.
- Tigers should always follow their instincts.
- Kittens are filled with love and purr when they are snuggled and pet.
- The greatest reassurance that someone cares about you is them hugging you tightly; more feelings are expressed through physical contact than any words can convey. That's at least true for me.

~ ~ ~

I'm sitting at work this morning, waiting on a couple of loads to pick up. I'm scheduled until 2 PM, though there's far from enough work for me to get done between now and then. The last thing for me to do today, aside from wait on a driver to show up and pick up a load that was due out Friday, is to type up the Safety Notes from last week's meeting. Other than that, I'm free to work on leatherwork, which I plan on doing.

I'm starting off 2012 strong, though. It should be a good year. At least I hope so.

I have more vacation days this year, so I have a much, much more flexible schedule. Almost 3.5 weeks between vacation, personal time, and (prospective) perfect attendance days. Definitely enough time to attend more cons and spend more time with people I care about.

Speaking of conventions, I think I may try and attend Mephit FurMeet as a Dealer this year. With the exception of FurFest, I think that I need to see about gathering inventory and working Dealer's Den. Maybe Cait and I can team up on that. Maybe. Except I run under the banner of Flying Tiger Art and Designs. Hm. Something to think about.

No comments: