With the first work day of the new year, I got back on the horse of managing my diabetes and my health in general. I'm trying to get a decent amount of sleep each night, but most notable for me is that I started back taking my blood sugar. I stopped in late 2011 because of a mistake I made while taking it. My lancer has settings ranging from 1-4 with 1 being the shortest puncture depth, and 4 being the deepest. I normally keep mine on 1 or 2. Somehow, I set it to 4 unintentionally, and my finger was sore for the better part of the day. If you know me, you know I don't like pain, so that's the reminder that stuck with me. I continued taking my medication, though.
Something I'm aiming to do, also, is to start planning out my meals so Kitten and I know what to do for groceries and I can focus on eating healthier. The holidays are atrocious for that, and it's shown. Right now, I'm sitting at a comfortable size 46 in pants, but my plan is to be down to a size 40 or 42 by July for Brina's wedding.
I was talking with C, my manager, earlier and he's trying to lose weight, too. For me, it's more about getting back in shape, honestly, and keeping my diabetes manageable to a point where I don't need to take insulin.
2012, I think, is going to be about getting myself back in shape -- health, education, career development, and money. I've had a series of events so far that have made me think more critically, so that's a step in the right direction. I also need to remain balanced between my work/career development, extracurricular activities (Waystation, namely), and my home/family/love life.
No comments:
Post a Comment