Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Most of my shift yesterday was good. It was a productive day for me -- got outstanding paperwork done, finished reports, worked a little on some projects, and did an interior safety walk with C. It was good up until the last 20 minutes of my shift.

I got this one driver who kept giving me shit about me doing my job properly. The issue with the load number irked me, but it didn't piss me off. However, when he came back to Trailer Control and proceeded to whine about first not having load bars (I provided them), then about the fact I needed him to adjust the height of the load bars, I got pissed off. I got even more livid when I got told by my manager to effectively secure the load myself, which is not my job. Securing the load didn't bother me so much as the smirk the driver gave me as I struggled to secure the fucking thing and couldn't. I wanted to ram the load bar I had in my hands down that driver's throat, I was so angry. And I was pissed off the rest of the day as a result.

Even this morning, I feel a little off. That one little incident was enough to bring up weeks of anger I had let quietly build up. I'm slowly letting off the steam by journaling and gaming (WoW and The Witcher) so I don't become comepletely bitter and an asshole again. I am not a thoroughly happy cat, but I do have instances in my life that bring me a great deal of joy. I'm not going to sugarcoat the fact that I've had several really low headspace days recently, either. It happens.

However, it's going to get near 60 degrees outside and will be fairly sunny today. That fact alone makes me pretty pleased. I'll also be coming home today rather than running errands, which will also help. I can have some time to decompress. Sleep usually helps, as does journaling (writing is cathartic to me).

And it's about that time where I need to think about getting clothes on and making lunch for the day. Hopefully, today will be better than yesterday.

No comments: