Monday, January 16, 2012

Last night, I tried multiple times to start writing an entry on the day I had. Contrary to how my days have been going (filled with doom, adventure, and running for my life), Sunday was a day filled with little instances that made me smile all day.

Here's a secret about this Tiger: I value the small things in life far more than the larger things.

From the point where Brit and I woke up and watched a movie together before we needed to leave to timidly walking into a new place that was unfamiliar to me to dancing with a lover who normally leaves me tongue-tied (but not confused) to realizing the impression I've made on one of my lover's children to having dinner with my lover's family and Brit to curling up with Brit and watching a movie to round off the day. Sunday was a good day. My only "regret" about the day, which really isn't a regret at all, is that I didn't get the last dance. There'll be other times.

But I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have the people surrounding me that I do and that I appreciate them being in my life.

“The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” - Ashley Montagu

No comments: